If you are one of those people who are always cleaning the house (like me!), these little pointers could be your life-savers. This list consists of cleaning solutions from disinfecting your kitchen sponges to bathroom cleaning tricks which are so simple that are going to make you think “Why didn’t I think of that?”
- Disinfect your sponges by popping them in the microwave for 2 minutes. The waves will zap away all germs, leaving your sponges fresh and sanitized.
- Kitchen cabinets tend to accumulate gunk around the handles over time. Get rid of the sticky grime by making a paste with two parts baking soda and one part olive oil. Scrub away at the gunk with a toothbrush and see the change immediately.
- The buildup under your iron can be cleaned with one simple ingredient from your kitchen – Salt. Sprinkle a generous amount of alt on your ironing board. Set your iron to the highest temperature, turn off the steam option and iron over the salt. The dirt sticks to the salt and your iron shines like new!
- To clean your stove burners that have oil buildup, place it in inside a Ziploc bag. Take ¼ cup of ammonia and seal it up, too. Leave it overnight. They will have transformed into completely clean stove burners as if by magic.
- Remove hard water stains from faucets by simply rubbing a half-cut lemon on it.
- To fix scratched wood/wood furniture, mix equal parts olive oil and vinegar. Dip a cloth into the mixture and rub on. Voila! Your scratches will be fixed!
- Make your grill non-stick (and lessen your cleaning load) by cutting an onion into half and rubbing the cut side on the grill.
- Notice those little rust marks on your knives? Let the knives sit in lemon juice for some minutes and they will disappear.
- To clean your shower head, fill up a little plastic baggy with white distilled vinegar and secure it to the shower head with a rubber band. Let it soak for an hour and wipe with a clean wet cloth. Ta-da! Shower heads shiny as new!
- Toothbrushes have been known to harbor hundreds of thousands of bacteria after each use. Clean your toothbrush naturally by soaking them in a glass of white vinegar and letting it sit for 15-30 minutes.
- The window blinds could be gathering a lot of dust and grime. Mix up a solution of equal parts vinegar and warm water. Throw an old sock over your hand and wipe individual segments after dipping the sock in the solution a bit.
- The easiest way to clean your blender after a use is to put some soap and water into the blender’s mug, plug it back in and just blend. So much easier!
To clean up your mattress, sprinkle some baking soda on it, let it sit for an hour and vacuum clean it. Doing so removes any odors and get rids of dust particles on your m
Please follow and like us: