“Time for a vacuum? Let’s just delay it. The carpet looks clean anyway.”
And that is where the trouble begins.
According to research, carpets are more prone to trapping dust mites, dirt, dust, mold spores and other kinds of particle pollution. According to the American National Standards Institute, carpets installed in high traffic areas require cleaning within 6 to 12 months while the ones installed in other areas can be cleaned every year.
Another research study was conducted to find the relationship between asthma and dust concentration on the floor. The various diseases caused by dirty carpets and rugs include Norovirus, Campylobacteriosis, Kawasaki syndrome, and Salmonella.
Signs to Look For That Warrants Professional Help!
These are the few signs that indicate your carpet needs professional cleaning:
- Stains: If stains and discolorations start appearing on your carpet, it is mostly due to the accumulation of dust in those areas.
- Dust: It might sound surprising, but your carpet can trap a lot of dust even if you vacuum it weekly.
- Your Carpet Reek: Another sign to look for is a peculiar odor that your carpet starts emanating when it needs cleaning.
- Your Carpet Looks Worn Out: Your carpet starts appearing flat and matted, making you think it’s time to replace it. Before doing so, try getting it cleaned.
- Your allergies get worse: You may think your allergy is due to dust or pollen; it could be your carpets instead!
Why You Need Professionals
Now as much as this motivates you to clean your carpets right away, don’t start just yet. There are many carpet-damaging mistakes that people tend to do:
- Stain Alert: Many stains don’t go away with general cleaning. Some need special stain treatments.
- Carpet Cleaning Catastrophe: It could be possible that even after professional help, you end up with a disaster. This could be due to unskilled technicians and poor-quality chemicals.
- You need to meet Standards: Carpet cleaning is not an everyday chore you can take on. It has to be cleaned as per the Standards set by IICRC (International Institute for Carpet Cleaning and Restoration Certification).
Remember, you are not only cleaning your carpet, but you are also getting it germ-free. We, at Excellence Janitorial Services and Carpet Cleaning, ensure that we provide you with services that meet standards.
Contact us now or reserve online to enjoy the best carpet cleaning services in Bakersfield.