When you don’t steam clean your carpets it starts to wear caused by soil build up, which create a dull look on frequent walked areas. Most often you discover these in areas of your home where the carpet transitions to a hard surface. This is due to the fact that the soils in the carpet are abrasive and people drag their feet instead of picking them up when they walk.
Here are some facts about dirty carpets that you might not have been conscious of
- Carpets attract greasy residue and dirt
- Sandy soil is tearing your carpet apart
- Your carpets could be harboring several germs
- Dirty carpets can cause asthma, allergy, eczema and rhinitis sufferers
- Carpets can smell unpleasant as dirt accumulates
- Taking off your shoes before you walk on your carpets stays cleaner
- It can also cause Norovirus
- It can harbor dust mites
How often should you have your carpets cleaned?
We suggest that your carpets are professionally cleaned by one of our experienced technicians every six months. Carpets should be cleaned frequently before they become heavily soiled. Allowing soil to build up will considerably decrease the life of a carpet.